[PD] slowly load a pd-patches/abs without dropouts

Enrique Erne pd at mild.ch
Sat Jan 20 11:56:38 CET 2007

hi list

i'd like to open patches or dynamically create abstractions during a performance
without having dropouts. that's why i'm trying to build a system that slowly
loads a patch.

instead [; pd open patch-name.pd path( or [; pd-subpatchname obj 10 10
abstraction-name args( it reads the patch with [textfile] and creates the objects
slowly line by line.

a problem was to rebuild the exact order of the subpatches. as far as i tested it
works now. if a patch doesn't load correctly please let me know and send it to me.

to identify subpatches and place the objects in the right place it adds a number
in front of the sub-patch name like this: [pd *id*-subpatchname].
-- just found out there is a msg [; pd-subpatchname rename newname(, after
renaming the sub-patch to it's original names the is no visual update, besides
that it works fine.

an other problem was with the array from Menu / Put / Array. it loads now even
with content.

any comments are welcome.

eni