[PD] general libdir question

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Thu Jan 25 18:50:31 CET 2007

Hallo list, Hans !

I just tried to use the latest Pd-extended for linux and have some
problems how to load libraries (e.g. iemmatrix):

When I start Pd with
pd -lib iemmatrix
I get the following message in the console:
"iemmatrix: can't load library"

and I cannot access the objects directly - but I can get them with the
geiger-namespace (e.g. [iemmatrix/mtx_min]

Then I tried to use [import], but when I create a [import iemmatrix] I
get the following message:

[import] $Revision: 1.2 $
	written by Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
	compiled on Jan 25 2007 at 06:38:15
	compiled against Pd version 0.40.2
[import]: ERROR: can't load library in iemmatrix

and I cannot use the library.

So I wanted to ask, what is the "official" way to load libraries in the
libdir format ? Maybe this is only a problem on my computer ...

LG
Georg