[PD] number boxes and GOP under Windows

Damian Stewart damian at frey.co.nz
Sat Jan 27 10:29:31 CET 2007

Patco wrote:
> Damian Stewart a écrit :
>> Has anyone noticed some nasty performance issues over time running
>> patches with number boxes and GOP?
>>
> More widgets are used, more performances will decrease, the design of a
> patch could be an interesting topic...

Sure, but I'm not talking about more widgets => slower speed, I'm talking
about some widgets + time => slower speed. In other words, the widgets seem
to be slowing down over time. If this is the case, then this is what we in
software development might call a Bad Thing.

> VU is dramatically a performance issue, but they could be replaced by
> lighter objects, like canvas and sliders.

Yeah, maybe VU was a bad example. This is true of numbers as well - and
surely displaying a number is a simpler task than displaying a slider?

--
Damian Stewart
+64 27 305 4107

f r e y