[PD] DSP loops

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Jan 30 14:25:37 CET 2007

hello kim

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 12:07 +0000, Kim Taylor wrote:
> That is the best way? Hm, I'm surprised!

yes, it is. what did you expect? of course, when working with recursion,
there has to be a result already before computing the next iteration.
that is not a matter of pd, but of pure logic.

> Ok, I'll get to work then- It means the layer with the system topology
> needs to have its sampling block forced to 1. Mightn't this affect
> performance? especially for a large program?

yes, it does. either you set the block-size to 1 or you could use
[fexpr~ ] or any other object that allows recursion ([rpole~], [rzero~],
[biquad~] and the like), which might not do exactly, what you want. so
[block~ 1] might still be the best choice.

roman