[PD] data structures and library abstraction question

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Jan 31 10:32:53 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 15:07 -0800, Rich E wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just had a look at Frank's data structure tutorial, in which he
> suggests making a library abstraction for all structure templates.
> This seems like something I have to do for some patches I'm working
> on, but it would also be nice to just be able to check if the library
> is open, and if not, to open it.
>
> So the question is, is there a way to check if a certain abstraction
> is already open?

if i understand right, what you want to do, implementing such a test
mechanism is very easy. put this somewhere into your abstraction:

[r isitthere]

[s yesitsthere]

then you can easily check, if the library abs is open by sending a bang
to [s isitthere]. when you receive a bang on [r yesitisthere], your
abstraction is obviously open :-)

roman