[PD] data structures and library abstraction question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jan 31 09:05:01 CET 2007

Hallo,
Rich E hat gesagt: // Rich E wrote:
> I just had a look at Frank's data structure tutorial, in which he suggests
> making a library abstraction for all structure templates.  This seems like
> something I have to do for some patches I'm working on, but it would also be
> nice to just be able to check if the library is open, and if not, to open
> it.
>
> So the question is, is there a way to check if a certain abstraction is
> already open?

You could use a so called singleton. I'm using a crudbe, but working
one  in sssad which you could just grab. It's a wrapper abstraction which you
call with the name of another abstraction as argument. It will make
sure, that the passed abstraction is created only the first time, the
singleton is used.

Ciao