[PD] FFT convolution with vasp

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 19:42:15 CET 2007

Hello all,

I would like to hear how some FFT-based convolution sounds with VASP, which
claims to leave fewer artifacts than the hann-windowed realtime FFT, but the
included example "convolution" does not produce results for me - I load the
sound files and send them to the tables via wedit but the final table (I
think it's called buf_res) does not receive anything - in other words, no
results.

I'm looking to do something like the "timbre stamp" FFT example in Pd's
documentation - I've gotten so many wild and beautiful sounds from running
tabread4~ based samples against each other through this, but the quality is
not always very crisp.  If anyone has any patches or info, let me know.

Thanks!
Kevin

--

++++