[PD] FFT convolution with vasp

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sat Feb 3 17:03:48 CET 2007

Hi Kevin,
sorry for not anwering earlier - i'm abroad an not very netty at the
moment.
VASP offers non-granular Fourier transformation, which enables non-
windowed convolution.
Convolution translates to multiplication in the spectral domain,
therefore just  fourier-transform your two buffers (zero-padded to
the same size) into the spectral domain, multiply the results,
transform back, there you go.

greetings,
Thomas