[PD] difference between protocol

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Sun Feb 4 17:46:44 CET 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 10:21 -0600, Kevin McCoy wrote:
> If I'm correct, OSC sends only UDP, which doesn't have any packet
> verification.  I don't really know what that means or how it works but
> I remember reading that somewhere.

osc is not really bound to udp, although (unfortunately) most
implementation just use udp.

pd's netsend/netreceive protocol is sending data in plain text, while
osc adds some type information and can join several messages into
bundles, which are processed at once ...

hth ... tim

tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783

Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness
  Samuel Beckett