[PD] pdp/pidip w/ raw1394 on Linux? Can Gem help?

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Tue Feb 6 17:05:50 CET 2007

Hi John,
I was using an Apple iSight recently on Linux and trying to get the
video into pdp. What I ended up doing was using vloopback (http://
www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/VideoFourLinuxLoopbackDevice)
and dc1394_vloopback (one of the libdc1394 sample programs: http://
sourceforge.net/projects/libdc1394) and from there was able to pick
up the video using pdp_v4l.

Pall Thayer

On 5-Feb-07, at 4:36 PM, John Harrison wrote:

> We have a great firewire camera that works well with dvgrab and
> kino to capture images on our Dapper box...but we can't get it to
> work w/ pdp/pidip. We were thinking to use coriander but coriander
> says the camera doesn't have the right specs. Then we tried using
> Gem, thinking we could then use the gem2pdp object to get it into
> pdp...but there is no help we could find for pix_video to figure
> out how to use that object and simple trial and error hasn't gotten
> us far...we aren't experienced with Gem, which isn't helping.
>
> If we could find a way to convert from the raw1394 to video for
> linux, then our problems would be solved.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -John

Pall Thayer
palli at pallit.lhi.is