[pd] shaper filter

hard off hard.off at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 23:55:59 CET 2007

> Isnt the K2000 the Kurzweil with the socalled VAST synthesis engine?

yes.  sorry i forgot that the kawai's also share a model number.

> maybe there is a shaping filter without resynthesis?

yes, there definately is a shaping filter.  and i'm pretty sure that
it does not include any resynthesis.

i just found this (not about the k2000, but probably similar:

"The resonant filter is actually an FIR Comb filter with very tight
bands. In addition, it is pre-programmed with an envelope shape for a
really dynamic sweeping effect."

this would be basically the same as a formant filter then, wouldn't it?

> I dont
> have a Kurzweil nor worked with one, always wanted one but they where to
> expensive and now I got pd, which is real VAST.

yeah.  me too.