[PD] pm mapping

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Feb 8 17:13:09 CET 2007

Hallo,
cyrille henry hat gesagt: // cyrille henry wrote:

> here is a small exemple of some physical model mapping objects.
>
> the aim of pm mapping is to create some kind of "dynamic" mapping.
> this instrument is very simple, but the physical model in the mapping
> introduce some kind of "life" in the audio synthesis.

Ah, cool, thank you a lot! This will save me lots of double work,
because I actually was about to start work on similar objects (but so
far without having produced any patches) as you are writing with
pmapping.

It is very likely that I will spam you with comments! ;)

_From a quick look I would have some simple suggestions: It would be
nice if the pm* objects would have a consistend "mapping" of arguments
and inlets. Currently for example the pm-clouds don't have an inlet to
change the number of masses. (I implemented a temporary solution with
allowing "reset N" messages to change the number when resetting, but
I'm not sure if this is good in the long run.) Probably something like
"float_argument.pd" can be used here, though I never use this object
normally.

More later.

Ciao