[PD] graphical possibilities in GEM

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Feb 9 08:41:21 CET 2007

Quoting patrick <puredata at 11h11.com>:

> hello,
>
> i tried fractal.tar.gz and it didn't work. i am on linux with a
> nvidia geforce fx 5600 xt and gem is compiled from cvs:
>
> GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
> GEM: ver: 0.91-cvs
> GEM: compiled: Jan 31 2007
>
> here's my output. i would like to know why it's not working here.
>
> Direct Rendering enabled!
> GEM: Start rendering
> error: [glsl_vertex]: need to load a shader
> ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
> error: [glsl_fragment]: need to load a shader
> linking: link 1 0
> linking: link 1 2
> [glsl_program]: Info_log:
> [glsl_program]: Fragment info
> -------------
> (18) : error C5013: profile does not support "for" statements
> (16) : error C5053: profile does not support "break" statements

well the glsl programm is compiled and linked using openGL.
if your card/driver does not support the instructions in your glsl
program, then you Gem cannot do anything about it.
try upgrading your driver. and then your hardware.
if it still fails (and it works somewhere else, which it should at
least on the original authors machine), file a bug-report at nVidia!

mfa.dr
IOhannes