[PD] audio send recieve feedback quirk

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Feb 9 18:49:53 CET 2007

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I'm away from Pd so I cannot check your patch, but your description
> sounds like you're getting your execution order wrong by trying to
> force a certain order through subpatches although you have a feedback-delay
> ("recirculating delay")

Now I could take a look at your patches and it's exactly as I guessed.
You even did the [pd a~]X[pd b~] dsp-loop construct, congrats! ;)

Note that this has nothing to do with Pd being "shallow" in regard to
subpatches and dsp-loops, but instead the opposite is true: subpatches
that are connected by signal-connections *define* the order of the
dsp-graph.

Pd automatically avoids the loop in dsp-loop-example2.pd by enforcing
a minimum delay time of one block between [r~ noloop] and [s~ noloop],
which you can hear if you try to play a note that requires a  lower
delay time, e.g. midi note 30 and above. They will all have the same
frequency.

Ciao