[PD] isosonic curves : level the perceptual loudness of different pitches

Franz Zotter zotter at iem.at
Sat Feb 10 12:34:39 CET 2007

Hi Alexandre, hi all,

Yesterday I corrected an error in mtx_phon_curve-help.pd and changed the
behaviour of [mtx_phon_curve] abstraction
(pure-data.cvs.sf.net/cvsroot/puredata/externals/iem/iemmatrix/abs).
Now the output is in dB, just like everyone would expect; before it was
p^2/p0^2 ...

On Thursday 08 February 2007 06:43, Alexandre Quessy wrote:
> Hello all,
> Very nice, mr. Zmoelnig. Of course, this is exactly what I need.
> To use this very nice abstraction, I simply need to multiply the
> amplitude of the pitch I want to level by the corresponding amplitude
> in db, which will need to passed in [db2rms] ?
>
> [tabread]
>
> [db2rms]
>
> [*~]
>
> Awesome !
>
> Alexandre Quessy

Perhaps a nice version could be now:

number box
[osc~] |
     [mtx 1 1]
     [mtx_phon_curve 60]
     [$3(
     [dbtorms]
[*~]

> > btw, there is an object in iemmatrix called [mtx_phon_curve] which
> > should give you what you want.
> >
> > since it is an abstraction, you can even see how the curves are created.
> >

> > mfga.sdr
> > IOhannes
> >
> > > Thanks !

Franz