[PD] stereo in pd

Thomas Mayer thomas at dergrossebruder.org
Sat Feb 10 15:01:45 CET 2007

alexandre r. decoupigny wrote:
> do you know of any objects or abstractions that are able to play back (in a
> loop) a couple of approx. 1.5 min. stereo interleaved files as stereo files
> that
> keep the stereo  image of the file..
> i recorded 4 channels simultaneously with two neumann and a sennheiser
> shotgun..
> i made the neumann tracks hard left and right and the shotgun (middle and
> side) &
> i used the shotgun to fill the gap and the side information of the shotgun
> to widen the stereo image. this i did in cubase le.
> then i bounced the mix as stereo interleaved and tried
> playing it back in pd with playsf~ or readsf~, but the stereo image is just
> lost... even if i use two of them with mono files and seperate them with a
> pan~.. im lost on
> this, please can anybody help me ? i played them back through quicktime and
> the
> stereo image was fine.. did not want to send you one of the files , because
> they are all around 20-25MB...
> sorry again, but im super lost here and need some help so if you have an
> idea, i would be
> flattered if you helped me : )))

I'm not sure about readsf~ or playsf~, but you could seperate those
files into mono tracks and then read two of those simultaneously.

cu Thomas
"Prisons are needed only to provide the illusion that courts and police
are effective. They're a kind of job insurance."
(Leto II. in: Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune)