[PD] Build of PD-extended (CVS)/Linux hangs

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 10 19:30:27 CET 2007

surfer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I never believed.....you could install PD and all externals with just
> one command ;-)
>
> Trying to build Pd-extended from CVS (packages/linuxmake/make install)
> and compilation hangs at
>
> "mrpeach/str/str.c"

That one will only compile if pd is patched to use strings. I tried to
make it quietly not compile when the patch isn't applied but I guess
it's just breaking everything. You can just delete the whole str folder
and try again. Next time I have enough time I'll get it to behave in a
civilized fashion...like making a dummy object.

> Would it not be better to have a more possibilities to modify the
> "auto-build" process ?
I think so too. At least the make should try to build everything and not
give up on the first error. That only makes sense when each build
product depends on the others being successfully compiled..

Martin