[Pd] OSC on Winxp

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 10 19:43:56 CET 2007

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> Trying to load routeOSC.dll, packOSC.dll, and unpackOSC.dll in
> Windows.  All three are the compiled files from
> http://puredata.info/Members/martinrp/OSCobjects and Pd is unable to
> load any of them.
> I'm not entirely clear on this...  If these were compiled with Visual
> C++ and I don't have that but MinGW, do I have to compile them with
> MinGW?  If not, any other ideas why they won't load?

If you can, try and build them from cvs
(http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/externals/mrpeach/osc/).
Otherwise, Miller's pd is built with MSVC, so you could try them with that.
I'm not sure if MinGW and MSVC dlls are compatible (or is it the
pd.libs?) because I've never had the opportunity to try it.

Martin