[PD] Problem with Ground Control Pro and [midi-in] response to Derek

Benjamin Brown brown.benj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 22:28:25 CET 2007

Derek,

Thanks for the response, I have the audio midi setup window open and
the USB Uno MIDI interface is viewable.  I then started PD, selected
the Uno from the midi preferences in PD and ran the test patch(i have
also tried this by starting pd then starting the utility).  I receive
no messages in the midi message boxes of the test patch.  When I test
the setup from Audio/midi setup(not PD) I still get the nice test
tones when I pressed the foot pedals buttons.

The foot peda is directly connected to the Uno which is plugged into
the a USB port of my Powerbook g4.

In the Audiomidi devices setup window am I supposed to add a device
and run a virtual patch inside that window to the interface?  The
thing is that when I plug my midi keyboard into the Uno I get messages
fine straight to PD, if I switch the keyboard out and connect the
pedal nothing happens....except in the osx setup utility.

I have also tried starting the IAC driver but that doesnt show up in PD....

Benji