[PD] Build of PD-extended (CVS)/Linux hangs

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 11 18:08:00 CET 2007

Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo Martin!
Hi Georg,

>>> Trying to build Pd-extended from CVS (packages/linuxmake/make
>>> install) and compilation hangs at
>>>
>>> "mrpeach/str/str.c"
>>
>> That one will only compile if pd is patched to use strings. I tried
>> to make it quietly not compile when the patch isn't applied but I
>> guess it's just breaking everything. You can just delete the whole
>> str folder and try again. Next time I have enough time I'll get it to
>> behave in a civilized fashion...like making a dummy object.
>
> but it also doesn't work in the pd autobuild farm - so there are no
> daily builds ATM for some platforms !
Ooops!

> What is to do to get this working ? Did you apply the patch to the
> pd-extended autobuilds ?
I just updated str.c in cvs so that it will make a dummy str object if
there is no string support in pd. To compile it for string support
PD_STRINGS needs to be defined either in m_pd.h or in the makefile
CCFLAGS as -DPD_STRINGS. I was waiting for someone who knows what they
are doing to apply the patch to pd itself...;)

Martin