[PD] output grayscale value of pixels in a video

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Feb 13 08:54:26 CET 2007

Quoting Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard at gmail.com>:

>> The extraction is easy with GridFlow (for example, [#export_list]), and
>> the 3D could be done with Gem.

in Gem you could use [pix_dump] and [pix_pix2sig~] to get the pixel values.

so all in all: all of the "still alive" video frameworks for Pd support
this operation. so choose the one you are most familiar with.
i would suggest not to mix several frameworks if you have no reason to
do so (especially Gem is a beast, as it demands the existance of a
gem-window in order to work properly; pdp and GridFlow do not have this
limitation (to my knowledge))

> Hi.  I'm not having any luck finding GridFlow, or any documentation.
> I found a few dead links... anyone have a live one?

should be http://gridflow.ca (haven't checked though)

fmasd.r
IOhannes