[PD] hid compatibility

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 13 11:02:24 CET 2007

>>> do you also know if it's possible to use this tablet and a mouse
>>> together in windows? (that is, the tablet doesn't control the pointer)

> The tablet and the mouse both work at the same time, so if both are
> moving, you get a mix of both. It's the same if you plug two or more
> mice into the machine, but the tablet has absolute position so the
> cursor jitters if it's being driven by a mouse at the same time, while
> the mouse relative offsets add together to make the cursor move.
> Wacom seem to have APIs available for the usual suspects at
> http://www.wacomeng.com/devsupport/index.html

that's unfortunately not that flexible. so if I would want to get some
values from the table while playing the it, and at the same time control
my patch with the mouse, it wouldn't be possible for the tablet not to
control the pointer but still send in?
and if I want to use the values from the click, it can happen that the
table will just click anything on the screen?

I guess that's a behaviour from windows, and not from this (or any other)
tablet, right?

João Miguel Pais