[PD] PDDP help template idea

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Tue Feb 13 12:52:07 CET 2007

On 13/02/2007, at 7.54, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I was hacking away on the PDDP help template http://puredata.org/
> dev/pddp/DraftReferenceDesigns and I got a little carried away, so
> I game up with this web-style template.
>
> I am interested to hear people's opinion about the format.

First off, I think the nice thing about the previous templates has
been that the main juice of information was viewable from just
opening the help patch. Where as here, one have to click about to get
the info.

There can be examples where the description take up a lot of space
why dividing it into bit might be a good idea. But as long as one can
scroll down, i'm not sure how needed it is. I wonder what's in page 2
and 3 of template 9.

I've got a few questions too:
- What is [wiki] for?
- What happens when on click one of that tabs, say, outlets? Does a
sup-patch open or does the desired info emerge in the current patch?
- Is there any practical use for the [pd PAGES] sub-patch when
browsing the help-patch?
- What's the status of the font issue?

Other then that, it looks nice. Your work is much appreciated.