[PD] [OT] gallery installation sound

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Tue Feb 13 17:40:29 CET 2007

I practice recording for convolution by simply clapping in the hand on
the particular location. Later on the computer I cut away the inital
sound of the clap to have only the tail of reverbration available.
May be not that accurate in the scientific way but works well for me.

But convolution can do more than adding room to recordings, I got
incredible results by convolving synthetic sounds (which have to have a
lot of harmonics to be useful, simular as in vocoding which is close to
convolution) with speech as 'impulse'.

Cheers,

Malte

--