[PD] slicing samples

'Frank Barknecht' fbar at footils.org
Tue Feb 13 19:35:52 CET 2007

Hallo,
jared hat gesagt: // jared wrote:

> First off, thanks everyone for these great suggestions!
>
> 	Here's a simple slicer/slice player that uses the powerful Aubio
> 	externals for beat/transient detection:
> 	http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-10/043536.html
>
> I downloaded this one but I'm not sure how to open it.  Is it a PD file?

This one actually is not a Pd-file, but a tar.gz archive called
"slicer.tgz" (or slicer-0001.tgz, which is the name, the mailinglist
archive gave that file). 7-zip for example can open it on Windows.

> I'm on Windows XP.
>
> 	A slicer that just slices using [bonk~] was posted recently:
> 	Http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-02/046809.html
> 	http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-02/046855.html
>

> I followed the link but I can't seem to find anywhere to download.
> Actually (really stupid question alert) how do I download from the
> archives?  It seems when I click download on any of the files, it just
> brings up a page with code.  Any help?

As Pd-files technically are just text files, some mailers and the
mailing list archive put them into the body of the mail instead of
creating a proper attachement. Here you need to copy the code to a new
file and save it as a file with a .pd suffix like "somename.pd".

Ciao