[PD] slicing samples

Spencer Russell spencer.f.russell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 05:11:12 CET 2007

On 2/12/07, jared <microcosm11 at msn.com> wrote:

> First off, I'm really interested in 'slicing' up samples with PD
> (beat/transient detection) and rearranging them....
>
> Is there an object or abstraction that I should be using to achieve
> this?  Does anyone have any patches that they'd like to share relating
> to this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jared

Hi Jared! It's not PD, but there's a tool being worked on by some of
the computer music and electrical engineering folks at Columbia
University that you might want to check out. It's called MEAPsoft
(http://labrosa.ee.columbia.edu/meapsoft/). It takes an input wave
file and slices it up into events, then gives you lots of options for
extracting info about them and re-arranging them. It also stores all
it's data in text files, so you can process them in whatever language
you want (PD, perl, whatever).

enjoy your PD-ing!

-spencer