[PD] Sampler loop strategies

dafydd hughes dafydd61 at sideshowmedia.ca
Wed Feb 14 15:56:29 CET 2007

Hi folks

I'm trying to build your classic sample player, with multiple key
zones etc, but I'm getting kinda stuck with looping.

Any thoughts on how I might gracefully implement a player which plays
a sample from the beginning when triggered, but then only loops a
section, like my hardware sampler does?

The best solution I can think of is to use 2 tabread4~'s: one
controlled by a line~ for the initial pass, and the other with phasor~
for the loop, then crossfade them.  Anybody have a better idea?

I know I could just use a softsynth for this, but in a beautiful
reversal, in this case it's actually easier to use pd.  Take that,
propellerhead.

cheers
dafydd

--