[PD] Re: Re: Font and Text size; how to make pd patches easier on the

John H reveling at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:45:06 CET 2007

Thanks for these responses on the font/gui issue. These are good references
for future developments in this area.

John

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>The only reliable way to change the font size in plain Pd is to use the
FONT

carmen wrote:

>the main issue is pd (server) thinks it knows what the font size is after
rendering on the >client. so you get the overlap and sizing issues since its
not using bounding boxes from the >client to control positioning. if you
just want to deuglify the text, configure Tk with >--enable-xft (linux) or
set the font to something ClearType (win XP or greater) then change >the
font. to do this you might still have to find/replace all instances of
courier to tahoma in >the pd/src/*.{c,tk} files , or maybe the pdsettings
mechanism obsoleted this need..