[PD] Noop message.

David F. Place d at vidplace.com
Sat Feb 17 22:29:31 CET 2007

I would like a special message (let's call it "noop") which when sent
does nothing. (That is to say, sending it would be like not sending
it.)  This would be useful in automation.   For instance, I may have
a program which generates a bunch of events which I will trigger
using [textfile].  Some of the fields will not be updated in a given
event.  In that case, it would like to be able to write "noop" in
that field.

Surely such a thing exists and I haven't found it yet.  Feel free to
berate me if it is right under my nose.

Cheers, David

David F. Place
mailto:d at vidplace.com