[PD] Dynamic patching questions

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Feb 18 14:01:08 CET 2007

Hallo,
Alexandre Quessy hat gesagt: // Alexandre Quessy wrote:
> 3) Is the use of [namecanvas $0] recommended or totally deprecated ?

if you want to edit the content of subpatches I'd say it's totally
deprecated because it's completely unnecessary, as every subpatch has
its own receiver "pd-subpatchname" builtin. This also works for
subpatch names containing $0 as: "pd-$0-subpatchname"

> 4) Where can I find an abstraction or object to convert any familiar
> representation of colors to the Tk colors (or whatever is used for GUI
> objects) ?

E.g. here:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-03/036005.html

Ciao