[PD] Re: metro vs. samm~

Eric Lyon audiodidact at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 10:22:02 CET 2007

Hi Thomas,

> >> In addition to convenience, The benefits of samm~ come from its
> >> integration into a system of signal-level triggering,
> what exactly is the difference of samm~ compared to the long time
> existing iem t3 objects?

t3 uses time tagged triggers, samm~ sends clicks that are not time
tagged. BTW in Pd-extended, the helpfile for t3_sig~ relies on some
missing externals: for++, t3_del, and hpl~.

> >> particularly
> >> with the soundfile player called player~ which I think has some nice
> >> features.
> I'll definitely look into that one, although xsample also allows
> signal controlled sample processing.

Both groove~ and xsample~ have a lot more features than player~. The
two features I likely about player~ are internal polyphony and
sample-accurate triggering. (Perhaps xsample~ can do that too?)