[PD] mp3cast~ again

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 19 18:11:51 CET 2007

Richard Lewis wrote:
> On Monday 19 February 2007 16:09, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>>
>> -did you try to connect the client on the right port (e.g.
>> http://yourhost.com:8080/yourstream.mp3 ) ?
>>
> Yes, I keep checking this. Another things I might try is playing with the
> hostname setting in Icecast. Maybe just localhost isn't good enough and it
> might have to be the same as the hostname that clients give...

it might well be, that icecast only binds to the public interface (e.g.
"eth0") and NOT to the loopback-device ("lo", that's the one that reacts
on 127.0.0.1 or "localhost").

you can debug this by trying to connect to icecast with telnet and the 2
ip's.

another option is, that /etc/hosts.(allow|deny) restrict access to the
loopback-devices.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes