[PD] pduino set serial line device

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 20 11:41:16 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 01:34 +0100, media.gambler wrote:
> hello list!
>

> i'm trying to get my arduino board to run with pd.
> i work on a g4 powerbook, OS 10.4.8 with the latest installer from
> hans, Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.
>

> the arduino works fine with processing, the blinking led test file
> works, so i upload the pd_firmware.
>

> when i open the arduino-help file everything seems to work fine, i can
> open a connection and get this message:
> [comport] opened serial line device 1 (/dev/tty.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync)
>  - is this already wrong? is that the correct type of connection?

i assume not. for example on my computer, the arduino is
on /dev/ttyUSB0 . to open that device with comport, i have to send a
message [open 8(. the help-file of arduino has only a radio, that covers
the range from 0-7. but on many systems the right address is much higher
than 7 (e.g 48). i don't know what is usual on osx, but i would try any
number up to 100, until you see something like /dev/ttyUBS0 (this is on
linux, don't know about osx).

roman