[PD] Feature Requests for Google Summer of Co

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Feb 21 04:47:46 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 10:39:03PM -0500, patrick wrote:
> hi chris,
>
> >Heck yes, I 2nd both of these. Each time I want to interface
> >ARToolKitPlus with gem I have to write a weird abstraction layer using
> >network sockets to communicate. Would be great to have it straight in
> >there.
>
> i would love to try your weird bridge!!! can you share your work?

It only bridges in the sense of sending ARToolKit's numbers across via
UDP to whatever wants to receive it. So, no image data. But this is
useful if you're just detecting the markers to use in Pd or something
else without requiring modification of the image data. For example I
used it to make a 'virtual graffiti' installation using a projector,
where people could wave markers around and draw on a virtual canvas.

Here's the code:
<http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/arUDP/>

Enjoy!

Chris.