[PD] FFTease (was: is this a spectral gate?)

Eric Lyon audiodidact at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 11:55:36 CET 2007

> > I sympathize - what about the fftease package?  I don't know anything
> > about it but it may have something like you described if I remember
> > correctly.  I was really screwed on understanding FFT until I looked
> > at the VASP examples and then it made a little sense.  The wonderful
> > thing about Pd is that you still don't always need to understand the
> > math, just playing with trial and error works too!  Which would have
> > been fine for me except my patch sounded like poo, hence the post.

FFTease for Pd is available here:

http://www.sarc.qub.ac.uk/~elyon/LyonSoftware/MaxMSP/FFTease/

It was very much written as an "FFT for Dummies" package, or more precisely
to expose the possibilities of spectral processing while hiding much of the
coding pain. Open-sourcing FFTease is on my todo list; for now it is
available as binaries for Mac(ppc)/Win/Linux. The documentation should get
you started, but feel free to write me directly if you have any questions.

Best,

Eric