[PD] Difference in behavior between OS X and Linux (Linux is Broken)

David F. Place d at vidplace.com
Wed Feb 21 16:29:16 CET 2007

Dear Pd Pundits,

I was struggling to make a patch work which does a kind of operation
which is trivial in every other programming language ever invented.
(patch attached)  I could not get it to work.  Exasperated, I decided
to call on your kind help.  In order to send the email, I transfered
the files to my PowerBook from my linux workstation.  I thought I
should test them on the Mac first and whaddaya know?  It works.

The patch  sets up some translation tables from pitch classes to
frequency according to pythagorean tuning and syntonic comma
offsets.  I think a Pd Guru will find it pretty transparent.  On
linux only half of the updates to the table get installed.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, David