[PD] is this a spectral gate?

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Wed Feb 21 18:59:58 CET 2007

David Powers wrote:
> I wish there was an "fft for dumbies" ... or, I guess, some kind of
> fft "black boxes" to play with,

I started my fftadventure this way, using the phase vocoder examples and
embed them into my patches. I think meanwhile there is a pvoc object out
to simplify things but didnt checked out yet.
Funny is the catch up the commercial vendors play, having these
techniques later in nice packages like Roland V-Synth and their so
called elastic audio (I love marketing), long after we have this
available here, but whom I tell this...

Cheers,

Malte

--