[PD] is this a spectral gate?

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 19:47:00 CET 2007

On 2/21/07, David Powers <cyborgk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see that I can also get the freq and amplitude info from PD's fft,
> once I'm awake enough to follow your math anyway! But I'm wondering
> where the phase comes in exactly - in Plogue I'm assuming the phases
> are somehow calculated auto-magically? They DO let you set the
> blocksize of the signal with the fft.

Forgot to mention: in Bidule, they do also let you change the
windowing settings for the fft and inverse-fft, it's another built-in
part of the module.

And from reading your tutorial another time, it's slowly making more
sense, I think it's the phase stuff that I wasn't taking into account,
has been confusing me.

~David