[PD] reverb_meas2.pd--this one works

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 20:08:40 CET 2007

Hi, list,
  I've made a drastic improvement over my previous room reverb patch,
that is, one that works.  There's still plenty of room for changing it
up.
  The patch calculates the room reverberation and saves it on several
tables on the first page, as freq. response, phase response, signal,
and energy in db.  The big advantage of this patch is that it improves
it's measurement over time.  Just set it  and let it run for a while.
you should be able to get very good response calculations over time.

Now, the impulse could be revised into anything you want.  As written,
I tried to spread out my impulse by using a series of damped sines,
with some sweeping motion and noise.  This is the subpatch named
freaky_deaky_impulses.  Anyhow, it's a nice sci/fi sound effect
anyhow.  It will really make your room/office mates wonder what you're
doing :)

Now, I haven't gotten a good way to sync up the signals, but it's
nearly insignificant.  You can just do it by hand in the "sync_it_up"
subpatch.

It uses z~ from zexy and expr~ and a couple other abstractions, I'll
enclose here.  I hope it also works for you, let me know if you have
any improvements, please!

Chuck