[PD] Extract and Record Jazz Bass from Music

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 20:53:55 CET 2007

Hi Mustafa,

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 06:25 +0200, Mustafa Umut Sarac wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I want to extract and record 1962 Fender Fretless Jazz Bass from Jaco
> Pastorius records ,
> I learned from mit digital stradivari project that it is possible to
> transform music to spectrum peaks and play with them like an EQ.
> Is it the correct way and how can I do it ?

AFAICT the 'magic' in the MIT Digital Stradivarius project lies in its
use of Cluster-weighted modelling (CWM) to map gesture data to synthesis
using sample playback (for attack) and sinusoidal synthesis (for
sustain). To my knowledge there is no CWM implementation for PD.
However, you might be able to use a neural network to similar effect,
and PD does have FANN bindings courtesy of David Morelli.

Jamie