[PD] [PD-announce] KnobsAndSlidersDS

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Feb 28 01:28:15 CET 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 11:25:14AM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> It would be nice, if the sliders would somehow work a bit more like
> Pd's sliders in that they also react to movements that are not
> directly touching the slider's value indicator. I think, this 1px-line
> is sometimes hard to hit even in my well-lit desktop environment. I
> guess it will be even harder to hit the right spot on a dark stage.

It actually looks four or five pixels to the left or right of the 1px
line, but you're right it's still difficult. I should make it more like
Pd and have the option to 'jump' to the value you hit, or have anywhere
on the slider itself be sensitive.

> And then I didn't really figure out how the knobs should be used. I
> just don't manage to move them any more than a quarter turn. I
> finished "Kirby's Canvas Course" with high scores, so I don't believe
> I'm too clumsy with the Stylus. ;)

They work by pressing down and then moving left or right. I guess I
should make this more intuitive. Do you have any suggestions?

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx