[PD] a good way to remove selected data objects?

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 01:56:52 CET 2007

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a good way to selectively remove a
visualized data structure, hopefully without having to use the mouse.  Eg,
I'd like to be able to select something based on the position of my tablet
pen and then remove it, as well as maybe clearing a corresponding array and
whatnot.

So far, the only thing I can think of is correlating a deselect message with
a backspace [keyup], which would then give me a pointer to the structure
removed with backspace.  This, however, isn't ideal, because there may be
other data structures that need to be removed that are related to the one
manually removed.  Also, I like avoiding the use of the trackpad... but I
don't know what is currently possible in this area.  I remember there being
talk on the subject, but cannot find the posts.

regards,
Rich