[PD] PD Workshop files

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Mar 2 01:12:11 CET 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 3:31 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> jared hat gesagt: // jared wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the whole directory structure with wget !
>>
>> 	Sorry, but what is wget?  Where did you get it?
>>
>> Very nice workshop material - who made this ?
>>
>> 	Nicholas Ward Job Title:Part-time Lecturer (MScMM)
>> 	Qualifications: M.A. Music Technology, M.Sc. Multimedia Systems
>> 	e-mail: Nicholas dot Ward at cs.tcd.ie
>>
>> 	https://www.cs.tcd.ie/Nicholas.Ward/
>
> Well, but the files included aren't all written by Nicholas Ward. This
> seems to be a collection of files and documents, that Nicholas found
> useful. But it includes stuff like the pmpd examples from CVS, the
> Gem-tutorial pdf by IOhannes etc. some files are by Derek Holzer,
> others by Aymeric Mansoux etc. But it's a nice selection.

And Dave Sabine, and I would be very surprised if there wasn't a bit
of Frank Barknecht in there ;).

There is a bunch of workshop materials here, please add anything that
is missing. :

http://puredata.org/docs/workshops

Also, I collected all the workshop materials I could find a year ago,
then put them together into a collection, and added a bunch more.
There is a lot of good stuff there, but it could use more work.  It
would be great to fold some of these into the existing collections.
The idea is to break out into separate, standalone subtopics.  These
are included in the latests Pd-extended test versions under Help ->
Browser -> manuals.  There is "0.intro", '1.Sound', '2.Image',
'3.Networking', and '4.Physical', in varying states of completion.

Those are all meant to be the basic intros.  It would be awesome to
see topics like "spectral gates", "fm synthesis",  "build your own
sampler", etc. etc.

These are also in CVS in doc/tutorials:

http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/doc/tutorials

.hc