[PD] MSD2D for windows nLink : no working

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 2 15:54:18 CET 2007

Hi Mathieu,

You're right, nlink are no more working, since the generelized version
of msd that allows N dimensions structure.
By the way, here is a patch that demonstrates the usage of tlink. Those
links are the same as others except that their force is applied only in
a direction (define by the vector). In this patch they are used to
define a general vertical damping.
I think there is a little info in the "pd more info" subpatch of the
help patch.

Greetings,

Nicolas

Thomas Grill a écrit :
> Hi Mathieu,
> msd has not been written by me, but rather Nicolas Montgermont, so i
> cc your message to him and the pd list.
> By the way, are you talking about the pd or Max version, and have you
> tried the latest beta from my site? (http://grrrr.org/ext/beta)
>
> all the best,
> Thomas
>
> Am 02.03.2007 um 12:25 schrieb Mathieu Chamagne:
>

>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> it seems that nLink (oriented normal link) messages do not work in
>> MSD2D for windows.
>> (tLink message do work)
>> I use it in MSD2D UB for osX without any problem, but same messages
>> in windows do nothing. (no link is created, no message from right
>> outlet of msd2D)
>> can you confirm ?
>> can you do something for it ?
>> (I tested MSD2D for windows compiled by Anthony Palomba, same
>> problem).
>>
>> those oriented links are still quite confusing for me... there is
>> no clear doc about it, and no example. so I have difficulties to
>> understand how I should use it.
>> do you use them ? would u have some piece of patch showing how to
>> use it ?
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>
>> bests
>>
>> Mathieu Chamagne