[PD] [msgfile] previous bug abstraction too simple.

David F. Place d at vidplace.com
Tue Mar 6 18:22:52 CET 2007

Hi and thanks for your help so far.

In my previous message my abstraction was too simple.  I can't use
[Until] after all.

You can see by the attached patch the behavior that I want using
[textfile].   I want to output records until I find a wait, wait a bit,
then continue.  This works fine with textfile.  However, I also want to
be able to seek a certain record without causing any output.  That is
why I thought I could use [msgfile]'s goto message.   Unfortunately,
[msgfile] doesn't work at all for the basic process.

BTW, the msgmangle.pd patch is different than the last time, but
test4.txt and josquin.seq are the same.