[PD] Gem pix_multiimage loading problem (Was: Re: pd gui chrases in Ubuntu Edgy Eft)

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Wed Mar 7 17:03:11 CET 2007

Hi list,

Fanouris Moraitis wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Sometimes when I do right click for help to any object or when I am
 > trying to type something pd crashes with the following message
 >
 >  pd: magick/exception.c:845: ThrowMagickExceptionList: Assertion
 > `exception->signature == 0xabacadabUL' failed.
 > Pd: signal 6
 > pd_gui: pd process exited
 >
 > I use Pd version 0.39.2-extended-test7 for ubuntu
 >
 > cheers,

I get this crash too, when loading some textures I created.

[pix_multiimage textures/*.tif 4]

Pd crashes with:

pd: magick/exception.c:948: ThrowMagickExceptionList: Assertion
`exception->signature == 0xabacadabUL' failed.
Pd: signal 6
pd_gui: pd process exited

I created the .tif files from .png files (that Gem seems unable to
load), using ImageMagick 'convert 0.png 0.tif' (etc).

$ file *
0.png: PNG image data, 64 x 64, 8-bit/color RGB, interlaced
0.tif: TIFF image data, little-endian
1.png: PNG image data, 64 x 64, 8-bit/color RGB, interlaced
1.tif: TIFF image data, little-endian
2.png: PNG image data, 64 x 64, 8-bit/color RGB, interlaced
2.tif: TIFF image data, little-endian
3.png: PNG image data, 64 x 64, 8-bit/color RGB, interlaced
3.tif: TIFF image data, little-endian

The TIFF files are attached, in the hope that they might be useful in
analysing/eliminating the problem.  I also tried adding an alpha channel
to the PNG files and converting again, but have the same crash when

Next I tried converting to JPEG, but that failed in a different way:

I have textures/0.jpg through textures/3.jpg, and I tried sending "open
textures/*.jpg 4" to [pix_multiimage], and got:

TIFFOpen: /home/claude/maximus/d01234/textures/4.jpg: Cannot open.

And when I try to select textures I get:

error: [pix_multiimage]: GEM: pix_multiimage: selection number too high:
0 (max num is 0)
error: [pix_multiimage]: GEM: pix_multiimage: selection number too high:
1 (max num is 0)
error: [pix_multiimage]: GEM: pix_multiimage: selection number too high:
2 (max num is 0)
error: [pix_multiimage]: GEM: pix_multiimage: selection number too high:
3 (max num is 0)

Any ideas?  I'm guess I'm misunderstanding something about how
pix_multiimage expects files to be named, or something?

Gem cvs from a couple of weeks ago, pd-0.40-2

Thanks,

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org