[PD] apt get for abstractions

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 5 05:37:16 CEST 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 2:29 PM, <martin.peach at sympatico.ca>
<martin.peach at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Alexandre Quessy said:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2007/4/1, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>>> Maybe the curl thing would be possible using Martin Peach's tcp
>>> objects?
>>>
>>> .hc
>>
>> Does it allow one to dowload binary data and save it as files ?
>
> In combination with the [str] objects, yes.
> They can send files as-is up to BYTE_BUF_LEN, which you could try
> changing if the files are longer than 64kB.
> What does the "curl thing" do?

I imagine the that 'curl thing' would act like curl and download
files so that we can have a system like apt-get built in Pd.

.hc

> Martin
>

>> If
>> not, it wouldn't be that hard to make it possible. A system package
>> ala netpd would be great.
>>
>> The http://wiki.dataflow.ws/PdMtlAbstractions is a proposal of a
>> http://pear.php.net/ -like packages structure for pd.

----

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess
himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson