[PD] how to pack symbols together and eliminate the space?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Apr 5 15:58:30 CEST 2007

Hallo,
hard off hat gesagt: // hard off wrote:

> IOhannes, is makesymbol going to be zapped from zexy in the future?
>
> is there any particular reason why we shouldn't use makesymbol?

I don't know about the future of makesymbol, but on many occasions you
could use makefilename instead, and for simple concatenation of
symbols, modern msg-boxes are good enough as well.

You can also concatenate two symbols with makefilename by using a
"set" meta-message and double-percent-signs like: [set %s/%%s(. See
the example in the helpfile for makefilename for details.

Ciao