[PD] PD Parallel Port control

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 8 00:48:40 CEST 2007

i see two possibilities (probably there are more):

using the parallel port:
you need the external zexy ftp://ftp.iem.at/pd/Externals/ZEXY , which
contains the object [lpt] to get acces to the parallel port. on linux,
you need to be root to get permissions, on windows you need to installl
something addidionatlly (have a look at the helpfile of [lpt]).

using an arduino:
the arduino is an open source and 'open hardware' microcontroller board,
which can also be used as an i/o-interface board for pd. you can use its
digital pins as digital outs, which you can control from pd. in order to
use it as an i/o-interface, i suggest to upload hans-christoph steiner's
pduino-firmware to it.
more about the arduino: http://arduino.cc
more about pduino-firmware: http://at.or.at/hans/pd/objects.html

roman