[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc1 released

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Apr 16 05:19:08 CEST 2007

On Apr 15, 2007, at 5:53 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> On Apr 15, 2007, at 10:16 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>>>
>>> With some recent patches posted here, e.g. your curve mappings, I've
>>> encountered some messy display issues when opening them on standard
>>> Pd, see attached screenshot, where I marked the locations. Is this
>>> related to the different spacings of the new fonts used or was this
>>> just "sloppy patching"?
>>
>> Thanks for the note.  It was neither, it was a actually
>> laziness.  ;)  I basically wrote one helpfile for the curves, and
>> just copy it for the new curve objects as I write them, and used a
>> regexp to replace the object names.
>
> Ah, okay. I was just encountering these kinds of overlapping comments
> in some other patches by other people as well so I was fearing, that
> it might an incompatibility with patches written using pd-extended and
> us old-school Courier folks.

There are probably also incompatibilities in the patches.  There
definitely are size incompatibilities between the new font Pd-
extended and other pd versions.  There are incompatibilities between
different versions of Pd (0.38, 0.39, 0.40), and each of those
versions different platforms (Windows, GNU/Linux and Mac OS X).  This
version is the same size to the pixel on each platform.  There is, of
course, no way that the new sizes could be compatible with all of
variations.  But I hope you'll agree that this is a better situation.

.hc